hese orc–human crossbreeds can be found in either orc or human society (where their status varies according to local sentiments), or in communities of their own. Half-orcs usually inherit a good blend of the physical characteristics of their parents. They are as tall as humans and a little heavier, thanks to their muscle. They have greenish pigmentation, sloping foreheads, jutting jaws, prominent teeth, and coarse body hair. Half-orcs who have lived among or near orcs have scars, in keeping with orcish tradition.
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma: A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-orc has no special bonuses or penalties due to his size.
- Half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A half-orc can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a half-orc can function just fine with no light at all.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1